64-bit Intel Bay Trail chips to be in Windows tablets next year, maybe Android

It is already running on Windows tablet. I just got a Dell Venue 8 Pro and it has the Z3740D atom bay trail chip with is 64-bit. But Dell has it running on Windows 8.1 32-bit because they want to use MS connected standby standard which is only available on 32-bit.

But the tablet is really fast running full windows. I was able to cast 720p chrome tab to my chromecast without any lag. I would never pay $900 for a Surface 2 Pro but for $199, this Dell tablet is a steal. It was a Black Friday deal and prices had gone back up to $230+, but still a lot cheaper than anything else that runs full Windows.

What do you think of the venue? Just ordered one and should have it tomorrow

Sent from my SM-N900V using SatelliteGuys mobile app

What do you think of the venue? Just ordered one and should have it tomorrow

Sent from my SM-N900V using SatelliteGuys mobile app

The Venue 8 Android tablet? I don't know. I think if I get an Android Tablet it would either be the Nexus 7 or Galaxy Tab 3 8".

Or do you mean the Venue 8 Pro Windows 8.1 tablet? I just got it last week and it is completely awesome. I love everything except the on screen keyboard. It is awful. I can type 3 times faster on my Android phone which is much smaller.

I actually like the keyboard..... lol

Don't you think it is way too big? It covers over half the screen. I wish you could resize it. And it doesn't auto correct even though I have everything turns on. I read someone said that installing Firefox somehow broke the keyboard app. I don't know if that's true or not since the first thing I do is to install firefox on all my computers. The only time I run IE is to download firefox. :p

I don't find it any bigger than on my nexus 7 except using IE in landscape. Then it takes up a good about half (more typing an address). In portrait, not so much. Just like any phone or tablet I've had.

I don't find it any bigger than on my nexus 7 except using IE in landscape. Then it takes up a good about half (more typing an address). In portrait, not so much. Just like any phone or tablet I've had.

Ah I see. Heh I have locked my DV8P in landscape mode.. I don't think I will ever use it in portrait... it is weird to see desktop in portrait! Except for my Note 2, I use all the tablet including the iPad Mini Retina in landscape mode. And the keyboard is absolutely too huge in landscape mode. I wish the split keyboard mode would leave the center black part open or at least transparent.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts