6412 Hdd Upgrade ?

stone phillips420

On Vacation
Original poster
Oct 20, 2004
earth
OKAY GUYS IM TRYING IT NOW, I COUNDT GET THE CASE OPEN BUT MY DREMEL COULD:)

iM CLONING THE SEGATE 120GB SATA DRIVE TO A MAXTOR IDE 250GB HDD, I THEN NEED TO ORDER A REPACEMENT SEAGEATE SATA DRIVE

I GUESS ITS A WORK IN PROGESS, ILL KEEP YA UPDATED JUST WAITING ON NEW SATA DRIVE

SORRY BOUT THE CAPS DAMN CAPS LOCK

Was it an oddball connector, a non-phillips head, like one of these?

94066a_40x40dec.gif
torxnew.gif
90288a_40x40dec.gif

Let us know how it works out.

i guess it was most similar to #2, went to home depot twice got what i thought would work it didnt
so then i broke out my dremel, that solved it
right now cloning seagate sata hdd to maxtor ide hdd
then ill put original seagate sata hdd back in and wait for replacement seagate 250gb sata hdd
when replacement arrives ill take the maxtor ide hdd and clone that to the new seagate 250gb sata hdd
then if all goes well i should have a 6412 with a 250gb sata hdd instead of 120gb sata hdd

I forgot one that is similar:

96075a_40x40dec.gif

I just wouldn't want to get hammered with some DVR "purchase" fee if it was just a matter of having an anti-tamper screw head.

formulaben said:
I forgot one that is similar:

96075a_40x40dec.gif

I just wouldn't want to get hammered with some DVR "purchase" fee if it was just a matter of having an anti-tamper screw head.
ya win some, ya lose some
i hoping someone will have a 6412 cover they could sell(classified section) me then i wont get slammed with purchase fee
screw was still most similar to #2

Can you use a washer with new/different screws to bridge the gap? If they are on the bottom they might not ever see it!

success i swapped a 120gb sata seagate drive for a 250gb sata seagate drive
went into 6412 diagnostics screen and now under dvr/hdd status my new drive shows up as 160gb useable where as before with original drive only 120gb was useable

stone phillips420 said:
success i swapped a 120gb sata seagate drive for a 250gb sata seagate drive
went into 6412 diagnostics screen and now under dvr/hdd status my new drive shows up as 160gb useable where as before with original drive only 120gb was useable

What is the model number of the 250gb sata seagate drive that you used?

stone phillips420 said:
Seagate 7200 8mb cache SATA ST3250823AS of new 250 gb drive 6412 will only recognize 160gb but it better than nothimg

Somewhere I read that the 6412 has a limitation of 160GB built into the firmware. This would account for the reason your 250GB shows up as a 160GB

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)