7.1 heigth of speakers

fish

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 31, 2004
We are adding a new Master Bedroom and I have to have my wiring done by Monday. The drywallers then come out. We have 10' walls with vaulted ceilings. My Panasonic Plasma will sit around 7-8 foot high due to wanting to watch tv while relaxing in bed. This means that my front speakers will be aound that height too. But while my wife and I are lying in bed optimally wouldn't the speakers be at ear level, which for purposes of keeping my wife happy this option is simply not possible. She will okay the speaker placement high but certainly not at chest level on the wall. I guess this may be when in walls would come in handy.

So, what do you all think of the speaker placement at around 7 feet high way above our lying down ear level? Also the bed will be against the back wall so rears will only be a few inches behind us. any tips?

Thanks!

Room is 20 feet wide by 24 long. The head board of the bed will be around 19 feet from the tv. Also I noticed the from other posts that the front speakers shouldn't be the same level of the surrounds. Is that right?

...My Panasonic Plasma will sit around 7-8 foot high due to wanting to watch tv while relaxing in bed. This means that my front speakers will be aound that height too. But while my wife and I are lying in bed optimally wouldn't the speakers be at ear level...
"Ear level" reqirement is for the higher frequency sound (tweeter) only.
If you can't mount them low, tilt them so they look "down" to you...
Room is 20 feet wide by 24 long.
Not bad for a master bedroom... ;)

Diogen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)