No sound from my SONY str-k7100

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

edugamer

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 20, 2019
pa
Any idea what is going on with my receiver? I got this used as part of a lot and was told it powers up but won't make any sound and that is exactly what it is doing. However I can hear a very very faint electronic hum from all three speakers. It handles the video switching fine but wont put out any audio signal from HDMI, optical,s or analog inputs when selected. I was first getting an unlock prompt but performed a reset and it appears to have disappeared. However I still am not getting any sound. I tried running the autocalibrator using the puck mic that came with it, and it just cycled through the speakers on the screen and tells me to push enter. Thereafter it makes a click and says "ACAL NO!"
What is that and I didn't hear anything from the speakers when it was doing it's thing. Is it ultrasonic or something?
From an audio engineer's point of view I highly dout that. I don't think it is something hardware related though as I can hear the faint constant hum.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)