7/11/2016 20:03 - Uplink Report - 2 Changes

Uplink PC

Uplink Report PC
Original poster
May 31, 2014
SatelliteGuys.US DishNetwork Uplink Report - 7/11/2016 20:03 - 2 Changes

Uplink Comparison Range: 7/08/2016 15:28 - 7/11/2016 20:03 (PST)

Name Changed:
5180(53) - LOCAL [MPEG4 HD] Echostar16 61.5W TP 21 Spotbeam 54 renamed to WLAJ (Mkt: Lansing,MI (MI - ABC))(A)(H)
7510(53) - LOCAL [MPEG2 SD] EchoStar10 110W TP 20 Spotbeam 13 renamed to WLAJ (Mkt: Lansing,MI (MI-ABC))(A)(H)

Transponder Changes:
Ciel-2 129W TP 28 ConUS (21.500 8PSK 2/3) added.
Ciel-2 129W TP 27 ConUS (21.500 8PSK 2/3) removed.
Nimiq5 72.7W TP 01 ConUS (21.500 8PSK 2/3) removed.

Channels in the system: 9880
(A) = Available to subscribers
(NA) = Not Available
(H) = Hidden from non-subscribers
(FP) = Free Preview

The Format and Layout of the SatelliteGuys Uplink Report is © Copyright 2016 SatelliteGuys.US and may not be republished without written permission from SatelliteGuys.US.

SatelliteGuys Uplink PC Version 1.0.2

© 2016 - All Rights Reserved - SatelliteGuys Incorporated

Reactions: bajasat
7 Months they have been off. Our former neighbor who was visiting us last month lives there now and has DISH. When he saw we still DISH he talked about the channel being off and that he believes they still have no News or Weather department they use a simulcast of another channel. That might be part of the story of why whatever they were asking to be carried was not accepted by DISH.

I don't understand? What made them must carry today that allowed them to be taken off the air with the dispute back in December?
they might have switched to must carry..a station can change that status every 3 years or so

Can a station just switch to must carry and force Dish to pay whatever they want? From what I'm seeing they just reached an agreement with Dish but that's an interesting tidbit.

A local station can require Dish to carry it for free, but can't force Dish to pay for carriage.

Can a station just switch to must carry and force Dish to pay whatever they want? From what I'm seeing they just reached an agreement with Dish but that's an interesting tidbit.
If the station elected to go 'must carry' Dish is required to carry the station at no cost to Dish. There is no negotiation and there is no monetary cost to either the station or Dish....

I guess I'm back to the fundamental question... WLAJ pulled their feed because Dish wasn't paying them enough. So you're thinking they decided to change to a "must carry" station so Dish would carry them for free? I guess I don't understand how that would be a benefit to WLAJ.

I guess I'm back to the fundamental question... WLAJ pulled their feed because Dish wasn't paying them enough. So you're thinking they decided to change to a "must carry" station so Dish would carry them for free? I guess I don't understand how that would be a benefit to WLAJ.
They got tired of not being carried and losing potential advertising money. They weren't being paid during this time anyway, but were also losing potential eyeballs as well.

Reactions: Tampa8
They got tired of not being carried and losing potential advertising money. They weren't being paid during this time anyway, but were also losing potential eyeballs as well.
But I think the more likely scenario is that they finally came to an agreement closer to what Dish was asking.

I know it wasn't must carry request because the next election period for that isn't until next year. The deadline is Oct 1, 2017 for stations to request must carry and Dish would not have until Jan 1, 2018 to make it available.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)