7/22/2009 12:34pm - Uplink Activity Report - 67 changes

I was under the impression that since Ciel-2 went up, there wasn't a shortage of bandwidth availability. Am I incorrect?

All bandwidth is valuable. Technically speaking, there is no current shortage. But every spot you commit now is one you can't use later.

By the way, I figured out why I didn't understand what Scott was saying. As a videographer, that shot looks perfectly normal, because the subjects are centered. It just looks weird because they are only using the graphics on one side for some reason.

All bandwidth is valuable. Technically speaking, there is no current shortage. But every spot you commit now is one you can't use later.

By the way, I figured out why I didn't understand what Scott was saying. As a videographer, that shot looks perfectly normal, because the subjects are centered. It just looks weird because they are only using the graphics on one side for some reason.

Bandwith is valuable. But, it was mentioned before that QVC and HSN actually pay Dish to carry the channel.

You are looking at it in the wrong way.

MPEG2 SD 8PSK is my shortened version of "available on MPEG2 SD receivers that are 8PSK capable". But that's a little hard to make fit on one line of the report.
Then it should be additional parameter of transponder's info, like:

6530(25) - KAVU [MPEG2 SD] added to Ciel-2 129W TP 08 [8PSK] Spotbeam 49 (NA)(Victoria, TX-ABC)
6531(17) - KMOL [MPEG2 SD] added to Ciel-2 129W TP 08 [8PSK] Spotbeam 49 (NA)
6532(19) - KVCT [MPEG2 SD] added to Ciel-2 129W TP 08 [8PSK] Spotbeam 49 (NA)(Victoria, TX-FOX)

Nope. It's not a property of the TID.

Huh ?!

It's featured exactly in TID section.
Check it again.
Pay attention to a descriptor 0x43 of NIT section: "Satellite_Delivery_System_Descriptor", parse 7th byte after length byte; MOD value = 2 is 8PSK and value = 3 is Turbo QPSK.

Last edited:
Huh ?!

It's featured exactly in TID section.
Check it again.
Pay attention to a descriptor 0x43 of NIT section: "Satellite_Delivery_System_Descriptor", parse 7th byte after length byte; MOD value = 2 is 8PSK and value = 3 is Turbo QPSK.

You are talking about the TID, not I. I'm talking about the SID properties and you were adding SID properties to a TID property of the report. That doesn't make sense to take a flag from the SID and add it to the property of the TID in the report.

I'm not even talking about the TID at all. All about the SID properties. In your case I'd be marking a TID as MPEG4 too. Which has nothing to do with each other.

It's not an idea. They are already doing it. Look at the Alexandria, LA locals. It's a SID flag and not a TID flag. I'll continue to keep the TID data and the SID data separate in my reports since you can't mix the two.

Rock on 'til the next report!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)