7.37 is fscked

jmhunter83

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 26, 2005
so my box upgraded, when i turned it on i chenged the channel to a ota channel. The DVI was consistently going in and out, and then froze. I made it into the menu and it is on 7.37, but it cant be taken out of this endless death cycle. AI can only view the screen in S-video, and when set to 720p (otherwise it blinks and i cant see anything. The top orange light bar on the voom box is consistently on. 800-get-voom is busy, so i think a lot of peoples are havign the same problems.

Got two boxes upgrade with 7.37 did not get the DVI message. Both are connected through DVI. I did get the DVI message once while turning the channel but it was gone when I went back to the other channel.

I am reposting here to in case anyone has another suggetion. I will try more hard boots and see what happens like Jimhunter. I am on my 4th box right now in less than a year.

"Well I was targeted last night and now I have no VOOM I have done soft boot...hard boot and all I get are the two dots blinking in orange. Not even the main VOOM screen that says "wait". I called CSR and they tried a hit but that didn't work. Said I would have to have a tech come out. I know it had to do with the update. Could it be trhing to do the update again in the afternoon?"

Although we don't have 7.37 yet we did have constant lockup problems until Feb. 3. Had had the STB replaced a couple of weeks before that but still had the lockups until that magical day. VOOM engineer told me that they believe less than 5% of the lockups, black screens, etc. are due to the STB and most of the replacements are unnecessary. Still have not figured out any common theme to our lockup, etc. problems--they just stopped and now we are...

enjoying HDTV under clear and cold Seattle skies, Gill

gutter said:
I am reposting here to in case anyone has another suggetion. I will try more hard boots and see what happens like Jimhunter. I am on my 4th box right now in less than a year.

"Well I was targeted last night and now I have no VOOM I have done soft boot...hard boot and all I get are the two dots blinking in orange. Not even the main VOOM screen that says "wait". I called CSR and they tried a hit but that didn't work. Said I would have to have a tech come out. I know it had to do with the update. Could it be trhing to do the update again in the afternoon?"

Did you get it to work?

gutter said:
I have done soft boot...hard boot and all I get are the two dots blinking in orange.
Blinking dots usually mean download is in progress. It should not be interrupted and it normally takes 20-30 minutes.

I am reposting here. Yes I got it to work. Thanks. I unplugged it for half and hour and now it is working. Why would they be downloading in the middle of the day? that could only bring trouble unless the customer was prepared to know it.

It did update to 7.37 and I cancelled the service call for a 5th box.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)