New user, "strength" is OK but scan does not "lock" anything in

inka

Original poster
May 1, 2006
Well, I just got an activated box for OTA, and so far no luck finding channels.

I'm in the Detroit area, and there are about 7 OTA digital stations within about 9 miles from me. I have a DB2 antenna from Terrestrial Digital, and it works great for local UHF.

Hooked up the Voom box, and went thru the installation steps.
"Aim off air antenna" shows good strength for each of the 7 RF numbers I expect to receive (strength shown 95 - 99).

During the "scan local channels" it pauses just a brief moment longer when it scans over the 7 RF numbers that I'd expect to receive, but none get added to the blue box beneath the green progress bar. And with the scan complete, it reports "0 Off-air channels found".

Why do I show good results from antenna strength, but no channels lock in?

I bought the box from another area, it was described as working well for OTA.
Is there something I'm missing, or is this a common symptom of a receiver that won't ever work?
I've only spent an hour or so with it since it arrived, so I'm hoping I've just overlooked something..

thanks in advance for any help
John

I'd check antenna web.org and then check the map.

It sound odd but like analog where the antenna is makes a huge difference. I've got basically 5 stations at one angle and 12 at another.

It can make a huge difference also at night it tends to come in better.

It also might make sense to put it with less metal around. In my basement I only got a few but then I moved it upstairs...being near a washer and drying ment far fewer signals getting in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)