dsr550 scan and activation status

smikolaj

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 8, 2006
Southern NH
Hi, I ran across a free voom receievr w/o a remote. I hooked it up and it will scan through and find the OTA channels just fine - I do not have a remote so I can't press the "green" button to continue. My question is if I got this far does this mean the box is authorized? Or will it tell me I am out of luck when I find a remote and hit the green button? Just not sure if I should look around for a remote.

Thanks.

Whether or not it is activated or non-activated, most receivers that had the channel scan function were able to scan in channels. The only problem is that once you scan them in and go back to watch them, the unactivated receivers will display a message on-screen saying something about requiring activation. If you're looking for a remote control that will work for the receiver, try a cheap universal remote control that is compatible with starchoice before paying out the bucks on E-bay. That way, you can return it if your receiver is unactive. I've got a Sanyo remote that came with my television that will operate this receiver. All I had to do was insert the code for Starchoice and I was able to surf my channels.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)