Voom DSR550 No Local Channels

bbr360

Original poster
Jan 7, 2007
I have two Voom DSR550 units. One gets local channels without issues and the other unit does not (just purchased).

The one that does not get local channels shows a channel list from the area that the unit was in use from but when I scan for locals in this area it does not pickup any. There is no check mark next to the 'scan local channels' option if this means anything. Also the screen pulsates during the scan for locals on this box but does not on my other.

I put both the OTA tuner card and the Satellite card in my working unit and it picks up and scans correctly but I did not want to put my working units items in the new one to be safe.

Both units have same software version and the cable is plugged directly into the ANT connector of the unit.

The seller said the unit should work without issues and would exchange if I like. For some reason I feel I might be missing something which would save me the cost and time of sending it back.

Please HELP!

It was problably deactivated. If thats the case you are SOL. The recievers that work are the ones where the owners (like me) had the good sense to unplug the Rg6 cable too before calling to cancel the service when it went under. They sent out a kill signal if you cancelled.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)