No Menus on Voom Box

shakey65

Original poster
Mar 1, 2008
I just bought a VOOM Box on ebay and received the unit.
It starts up OK with the VOOM splash screen which says "wait ...".
Then the screen goes black and no menus can be seen.
The stb is connected via DVI to a mitsubishi 720P HDTV projector.
The antenna is the same one used to receive High Def for my Media Center PC. I have no problem with receiving HDTV OTA with the Media Center PC.

The satellite icon on the display is red and the rest of the display is blank. I have the access card, the remote, and the OTA receiver module.

Any thoughts about what could be wrong?
Should I just try to get my money back?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.:mad:

I don't have mine anymore, but it sounds like it could be in the wrong Video Format (or whatever it's called)? The Voom receiver can be set to output 1080i or 720p or 480i or 480p or Auto (I think). Any will probably work with the Mits 720p projector, except 1080i or Auto if the source is in 1080i. Just my guess? It's been so long since I had mine, I couldn't tell you how to change it, but it should be able to be done with the remote? Maybe someone else will come along and help? Good Luck!

If he was one of the subscribers that disconnected his service before Voom killed the signal or had it cut off for non-payment it's a doorstop.

I have tried all the video output resolution types by cycling through them using the red button on the front of the VOOM box. I also have tried using the composite, svideo and rf outputs connected to one of my TV's. All give the same result. I cannot get to any of the menus.
Is this unit just broken?

Or is there something I should be doing while the unit starts up?

I have tried all the video output resolution types by cycling through them using the red button on the front of the VOOM box. I also have tried using the composite, svideo and rf outputs connected to one of my TV's. All give the same result. I cannot get to any of the menus.
Is this unit just broken?

Or is there something I should be doing while the unit starts up?

i have two voom boxes and i disconnected the dish before they sent the kill signel and mine still works perfect as a over the air HD tuner better then dish or direct sounds like yours may be a bad box do a search on voom setup you'll be surprise what you get.

good luck:):up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)