7 to 8 ft. KTI dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

AJV

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Dec 6, 2008
Cadillac, Michigan
I located a 7 to 8 foot Kti dish that looks i real good shape. I did not find any dents or bad spots in the mesh. It had KTI on the feed horn cover. Don't know if the actuator works. Has a Toshiba receiver, don't know if works. Looks like the outer ring is made out of aluminum square tubing. Made offer, but he needs to think about it for a couple of weeks. He said he has not used it for atleast 6 years. Appreciate any input on this dish. How much would be reasonable to offer.

- well, since you asked . . .

Don't know about you, but I'm a generous guy.
So, I wouldn't charge him a dime to remove it and haul it away. - :eek: - :D

Really, those things (BUDs in general) come up for free all the time.
That brand seems to have favorable comments from the owners, so... $25 to $50?

I had one owner help me remove his spun aluminum, perforated, 8' dish with H-H motor.
Came with a nice analog Toshiba, too. Totally free.
He even pulled out all his coax run from underground and under the house!.
We sawed off his 9' tall 3½" pole at ground level, so no cement work.

On the expensive end, I think I laid out around $135 to get a gorgeous Birdview 8½' spun aluminum solid with H-H mount!
That owner also pulled out his old coax and cable runs, and gave me the (useless) old Birdview receivers.
But, he worked like a dog helping me dig out the pole and break up the concrete on it!!!
So, for what it was, it was cheap at twice the price!

Last edited:
Sometimes you have to play their game and be patient. Give the guy your card or info and tell him if he wants it removed out of his way that you'll remove it for free. It's worked for me in other situations, people do need time to think sometimes and it's usually to your benefit. If not, keep looking, there's more fish in the pond!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts