$700 for 942!!!

GregH

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Oct 21, 2004
I'm kinda ticked off that as an existing customer, I'll have to buy a $942 for $700 while new customers can get them for $250. I'm going to be moving soon to a town with a different area code. I'm thinking with a new address, new phone number and my wife's name; I can become a new customer. Can it work?

GregH said:
I'm kinda ticked off that as an existing customer, I'll have to buy a $942 for $700 while new customers can get them for $250. I'm going to be moving soon to a town with a different area code. I'm thinking with a new address, new phone number and my wife's name; I can become a new customer. Can it work?
Yep, just don't use the same credit card number. ;)

It is always an additional $5 a month on every receiver other than your first one if you lease or own it.

If it is leased they call it a $5 lease fee.

If you own it they call it a $5 additional outlet fee.

You always pay the $5 extra per receiver every month.

As for a $5 DVR fee, I have never been charged for that because I subscribe to AEP. The $5 DVR supposedly does not apply to any of the 50X series DVR's nor to the 721's. I suppose that if I did not have AEP, I would be charged an additional $5 DVR fee on both my 921 and 942 (unless it is possibly only a $5 DVR per household). Not really sure about that one.

I know you meant the 501 and 508 don't have a DVR fee, but "50x series" includes the 510 which does. It would be a bit easier to swallow if the DVR fee was per household or account but E* charges per receiver.

BobaBird said:
I know you meant the 501 and 508 don't have a DVR fee, but "50x series" includes the 510 which does. It would be a bit easier to swallow if the DVR fee was per household or account but E* charges per receiver.

That sure is some creative number work there. Do tell: would the 311 be part of the 50x series too? :D It's middle digit is also a one.

Simon, Mark, and Chad,

I'm sure you all already know, though maybe some of our newer members don't, that other than not following the numbering system the only thing that makes 510 different from the 501 and 508 is the larger hard drive and the DVR fee. We use 50x to refer to those 3 rather than 5x or 5-series which could include the very different 522.

The 111 also doesn't quite make it as part of the 50x series. :D

At least none of them cost $700. <-- feeble attempt to stay on-topic

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts