72.5 and SWM

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mastecinstaller

Original poster
Oct 15, 2005
This might be old news too some people i am not sure.. But it seems that the fcc has told directv that they can not have dual dish configs at peoples houses now and all of them people with the dish pointing at the 72.5 sat will be upgraded to the triple sat and that 72.5 dish will come down. Here soon the 72.5 satallte is supposed to be decomissioned. Another bit of news i ran across is that the SWM is going to be installed at customers houses real soon!

This might be old news too some people i am not sure.. But it seems that the fcc has told directv that they can not have dual dish configs at peoples houses now and all of them people with the dish pointing at the 72.5 sat will be upgraded to the triple sat and that 72.5 dish will come down. Here soon the 72.5 satallte is supposed to be decomissioned. Another bit of news i ran across is that the SWM is going to be installed at customers houses real soon!

Hmm. this is kind of a surprise. The dual dish issue was a problem with Dish and there putting some locals on one satellite position and the remainder on another requiring the customers to have 2 dishes in order to get their locals. D* has not been doing this, the entire market is on the secondary dish.

As for SWM, I would love to invoke this set-up in my home. Any idea when the hardware will be available to the masses?

is this a legit story since it says under this guys name that he is BANNED. or is this some one causing trouble? thanks Old Rat.

is this a legit story since it says under this guys name that he is BANNED. or is this some one causing trouble? thanks Old Rat.

Apparently he posted something about hacking cable boxes in the D* section.

I believe this is a mish-mosh of several events.

1) You guys are 100% right on dish and the dual-dish problem with the fcc.
2) Directv is looking to migrate off of 72.5 for a few reasons (most notably to those here most likely being the big dish). It wouldn't shock me at all if directv were starting a formal plan here now, but it isn't under the guise of something like dish's problem.

okay then when will this policy take place? do the new satellites need to be up first or can they get by on one of the new birds?

i dont know why fcc would impose of this especially for areas that arent able to hit certain birds. take ne fl for instance, dish was suppose to use the dish 1000 to broadcast voom and all the other satellites together, but it wont work here due to our geographical location from the satellites so we end up using 2 sats, one for the standard stuff plus locals and the other for hd. also, with direct, we have to install a second dish for international channels. i guess while the two companies can come up with a resolution with this, we just have to play the waiting game.

The problem was Dish was breaking up locals in some markets between 2 slots (Big 4 on core slots and indies on distant non-core slots) and this is where the FCC took exception.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)