721 Bugs - The Unacceptable Two

Stargazer

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Western WV
I am so sick and tired of these two particular bugs and I am posting it on the boards as I am sure others are experiencing the same thing. I have a 522 connected through the 721 front A/V inputs to where I can view it on channel 0. This makes it handy for me to use the 0 in PIP mode and then I can use whichever tuner I want on the 522 in single user mode. This is great for pausing a show and going back to it later.

When I switch the tuners from 0 to a station on the 721 then back to 0 it has the distorted sound. I know others have reported this as well. I believe this is a hardware issue since this has happened all along.

Another bug I have been experiencing for a while now is when I have 0 in the PIP sometimes it will say that it cannot tune to 0 on two tuners but it is not on 0 in both tuners, it is on a station or DVR Event on the other tuner. HOW ANNOYING!!! Something else I have to work around now too. I guess instead of having to go channel up and channel down to get rid of the stupid crappy audio distortion I will have to just get out of PIP mode and back into it every dang time I want to go to 0 in PIP mode.

I am going to take a wild guess that these issues will also not get fixed as the MPEG-4 HD DVR's are going to be released soon and that they will do a swapout eventually.

What kind of picture quality are you getting in the AV inputs on the 721? I tried running my XBOX through there and the picture was off centered.

The picture quality would still be fine but have distorted audio.

Another problem is if it is left on for an extended period of time such as overnight and has channel 0 still on then the video will also get distorted. It will be more of a black and white with horizontal lines if I recall correctly. I think I have had some of these bugs so long that I got used to some of them but they had better not have these bugs on the MPEG-4 receivers, it will NOT be tolerated!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)