721 Dead?

KingofKaty

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Dec 1, 2006
Katy, TX
Over the last 3 months our 721 has been locking up 2-3 times per week. A smartcard reboot seemed to fix the problem temporarily. Yesterday it was taking 5-10 minutes to change channels on the 721. I tried a power plug reboot. Since then the 721 hangs on "acquiring satellite signal". The DVR functions work fine. Check switch, signal strength, everything else checks out. Getting 90-95 signal on both 110 & 119. My 622 and 510 hooked to the same switch (DPP44) work fine.

I tried resetting factory defaults on the 721. Didn't work. Disconnected the satellite feeds and the rebooted with check switch to clear matrix. Reconnected feeds then did a check switch. Everything OK. Now it is hung on downloading the program guide. If I cancel out it gets hung on "acquiring satellite signal" .

Had advanced tech support on the line, for about 45 minutes. We tried most of what I had already done. Their verdict is that one or both of the tuners are dead.

So what does everyone else think? Dead? I'm thinking about leasing a 2nd 622 to replace the 721.

If you can wait until after August 15th the programming credit goes from $50 to $100 for DIU with 622/211. Makes the swap a net $49 instead of $99.

Can't wait until August. While we were waiting on one of the reboots the Tech support guy told me about the VIP 622 upgrade.

After the switch test my 721 has been hung up on the download program guide for about 7 hours.

I may have been wrong about the August 15 thing.

I've seen reports of people getting the $100 credit now.

Check it out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)