721 issues and upgrade options

Hi Stargazer - I had actually cleared the switch matrix before I called dish (thanks to the help I found here), but it didn't work. Only the full reset to defaults after clearing the switch matrix did the trick.

The 721 receiver has been doing this to me for a while. If I leave it on overnight and it has been on the previous day it will get that Dish Network Logo and says Press Select to Continue but that does not work. When I press the power button you can see Dish Home flash real quick before it shuts off. When you press the power button again to turn it back on you cannot get the buttons on the remote to do anything but it goes to the channel that you last had it on. You have to do a reboot in order to get it to work correctly. That is an annoying bug. Do they not know of such bugs or are they ignoring the issues that the 721 is having?

This is the first time I have seen the following happen though. It says "Program information on the hard drive is outdated. It only does this if I try to go forward to the next program block even if the data is there. Retrieve program information from the satellite now? I know that when you reboot it that it must wipe it out but I always thought that it retrieved that during the reboot. The thing is if I select yes it will not download it. The green does not go across. It just put the first speckle of green on it. I waited for several minutes but nothing. Is this what I am going to have to deal with for now on when I reboot? I turned it off then turned it back on and changed the channel and it downloaded it after it prompted me to again. It is going across now.

I wonder if me having it in PIP mode previously prevent it from retrieving the EPG data from the second tuner. If so they should have found a solution to this instead of letting it hang such as telling the user to turn the PIP off or interrupt the current show but it gave no options or information regarding this. I did not have it in PIP mode when I turned it back off then back on to get it back. I remember hearing in the past that it updates the information on the second tuner so that youc an still watch television on the first tuner. When it would not download the EPG data it still had the current show on and I do know that it has to acquire the information from a particular transponder, I believe its transponder 11 from the 110 satellite for the 9 day EPG.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)