721 Issues

SS of TP 18 on 119 = 94 on tuner 1
SS of TP 18 on 119 = 95 on tuner 2

Switch matrix checks fine as well.

Also expirencing the 3 day guide issue here. Quite annoying.

Update.. maybe...not saying anything for sure...,
heck, one day does NOT a trend make.
But my 9 day guide was there (at least this morning)
We will see how it goes???

It did it 4 days to DST as well.

After a Check Switch, Power Off, Wait... The 9 day guide came back.
We'll see what she looks like in the morning.

I installed a RA'ed 721 yesterday. After a LOT of L324 software installation problems I (and the Dish Tech...great guy BTW) got it running.

When it finally came on-line I was missing about 1/2 of my subscribed channels...reboot AGAIN!

Later in the evening all was good except I had the THREE DAY GUIDE. I did absolutely nothing and it resolved itself overnight. It is now normal with the full nine day guide...all it needed was time.

Now my second 721 has received the L324 s/w and it is back to a three day guide. I'll update you all tomorrow to see if this one is self-healing too!

SS of TP 18 on 119 = 96 on tuner 1
SS of TP 18 on 119 = 96 on tuner 2

I'm amazed how good my SS is. This is a pole mount that is at least 5 years old. Thumbs up to my installer wherever he is!

Last night I had a 9 day guide and do now too.

Last edited:
I installed a RA'ed 721 yesterday. After a LOT of L324 software installation problems I (and the Dish Tech...great guy BTW) got it running.

When it finally came on-line I was missing about 1/2 of my subscribed channels...reboot AGAIN!

Later in the evening all was good except I had the THREE DAY GUIDE. I did absolutely nothing and it resolved itself overnight. It is now normal with the full nine day guide...all it needed was time.

Now my second 721 has received the L324 s/w and it is back to a three day guide. I'll update you all tomorrow to see if this one is self-healing too!

The above was posted at 3:21 pm today. By 7:00 pm I had the full nine day guide. I guess it is self-healing!

My unit is now going black at will when i'm recording something. This L324 software should be pulled and the old software resent. What a load of crap.

But I have never lost the 9 day guide. Just the ability to record or watch two things at once. All for split screen PIP...

I'm now suffering from loss of audio. I have a different thread on that, but the guide seems be be holding up as 9 day now.

It's probably going back to the factory, and another will be sent my way, we'll see how that goes.

Ok this is getting old.
The 9 day guide failed during the day yesterday.
mostly no information available.
So basicly had only a 2 hour guide.
Reboots, switch checks, nothing worked.
This morning had a 3 day guide again, did switch check waited and waited.
And after 2 hours... the 9 day guide is back.
THIS IS NOT RIGHT!

My my nine day guide went back to a 3day guide again this morning. You are right this is getting old.

L324 reverts to three day guide.

I just spoke to Houston, er Littleton or wherever they are, and reported this issue.

I was told by the tech. that she had no other reports of this anomoly...surprise!

So, fellow sufferers the number is 1.800.333.3473.

Let's let them know that L324 is borked. :down

Personally I would rather have the nine day guide than side-by-side PIP!

Roll it back to L323 until they have a fix! :up :up

Right now I've got a 6 hour guide. Yes, you read it right, a 6 hour guide.

If I call, do I get to speak to an English speaking person?

Maybe we're the test group for the new Pic-in-Pic. There's probably not that many of us out here anymore - means fewer people to upset.

Really though, wouldn't you think they'd test these things out first? It's almost like they install the new release on a 721 collecting dust in the back of the lab and if it boots, they slap each other on the back congratulating each other and think they're geniuses. Rollout next Tuesday!

I hope I'm not even close on this but it does make you wonder. :confused:

Last edited:
Six hours...a new (bad) record!

I have gotten an English speaker every time* I have gone into the queue for tech. support.

* since 1998!

Seriously, s/w is a funny thing. Various builds of the same equipment vary all over the map due to slight changes in board cofiguration, components, even variations within compoents, etc. So you can get almost an endless number of permutations... and they can't test them all.

The one receiver I had the problem with first was "newly" remufactured, but probably tested on L323.

Let's pile on to the 1.800 #.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)