721 PVR Activation & Fees Questions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

cdeleosg

Original poster
Apr 17, 2009
NY
Hello all,

long time reader first time poster. I've been a dishnetwork customer since 1998. I am thinking about buying a Model 721 for one of my receivers. However I have been having some trouble finding updated information on weather or not the receiver can be activated due to the Tivo injunction? I called dish and they said they can activate the R00 number and S00 number that I gave them from the reciver I am thinking of purchasing. However I have gotten inaccurate information from them before. Also I have found some people claiming that their is no $5 DVR fee and no Dish on Demand fee and no lease fee? Are all of these accurate? Also I have read that the 501 and 508 models got an upgrade for Name Based Recording (NBR). Does the 721 have this? I know this is an older reciver but I'm trying to find ways to cut back on the fees that I currently have for leasing, DVR ect.

Thanks,

Chris

So from reading the other posts it looks like they are getting ride of the 721. Does anyone know if they can still be activated? If I can activate it and then get a 522 that would be fine by me. I don't want to get a 508 because it only has a single tuner.

Thanks,

Chris

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts