721 Recording won't backup past 122 minutes

8bitbytes

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
NoVA
What stupid cr*p has Dish done now?

I have recorded thousands of hours on my 721 without incident but now, I have a 159 minute recording that when I press START OVER, it starts at 122 minutes and will not rewind to the beginning.

I have the entire USC vs CAL game and it rewinds just fine.

What is weird is that I can FF and then when I rewind, the green bar is half way across and stops at 122 minutes and the green bar that is still halfway across the screen disappears.

Anybody else ever see this and if so did you find a cure? I have rebooted twice - no dice.

Oh and of course, every recording starts up with the title UNKNOWN channel 77.

STUPID DISHNETWORK.

8bitbytes said:
What stupid cr*p has Dish done now?

I have recorded thousands of hours on my 721 without incident but now, I have a 159 minute recording that when I press START OVER, it starts at 122 minutes and will not rewind to the beginning.

I have the entire USC vs CAL game and it rewinds just fine.

What is weird is that I can FF and then when I rewind, the green bar is half way across and stops at 122 minutes and the green bar that is still halfway across the screen disappears.

Anybody else ever see this and if so did you find a cure? I have rebooted twice - no dice.

Oh and of course, every recording starts up with the title UNKNOWN channel 77.

STUPID DISHNETWORK.

Haven't seen that in a long, long time. Last time that happened to me (actually I never witnessed your exact problem above per se, but I did have a recorded event that I could suddenly no longer go back in and watch any of a 2nd or 3rd time), I was able to resolve this by physically unplugging the power to the receiver for 15 minutes and then plugging it right back in. Give that a try if your reboots were all done manually holding down the power button or pulling the smart card. Can't hurt to try.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)