721 Software

kvhollis

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Oct 13, 2003
Grand Rapids, MI
What happened from version 1.7x to version 3.x??

Did I miss a version somewhere? Or, what was the reason for the *major* software update?

Has anyone else noticed that E* disabled the option NOT to receive software updates. I discovered this sometime ago when I decided enough with their updates - No more auto-installs. However, the option in System Setup is gone. :mad:

Yeah, I admittedly don't use the 721 as often as I use the 622. I have 'em both going to one monitor, but to conserve HDD space on the 622 for HD, I have my repeating SD timers set on the 721. I therefore only use the 622 for HD timers and, since it's the more commonly used receiver, I also use it for one-time SD recordings.

I checked the software version on the 721 today after about a week of strange behaviour and was surprised to see it'd jumped from 179 to 321.

Apparently the numbers between 180 and 320 had already been used. They don't like to use the same version numbers on multiple receiver lines to reduce confusion.

That said, current versions for ViP622 and 50x/510 are L360 and P360. Go figure.

Last edited:
120inna55 said:
I checked the software version on the 721 today after about a week of strange behaviour and was surprised to see it'd jumped from 179 to 321.

Exacatly.... that is what I was wondering?

Did I miss a version 2.0? Is that where they had NBR and then took it away?? :D

Pepper said:
Apparently the numbers between 180 and 320 had already been used. They don't like to use the same version numbers on multiple receiver lines to reduce confusion.

That said, current versions for ViP622 and 50x/510 are L360 and P360. Go figure.
Nothing unusual - there always was three lines for production versions: xxxP, then Pxxx ( when OpenTV came), then Lxxx for Linux based and last months Mxxx - for AT&T [2WIRE] products.
Much easy if you compare with nVidia or M$ conventions. Or Apple's zoo names :).

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)