721 SW download

L116 is spooling now to my 721 ...

It completed the download and I don't have time to investigate changes. I can tell you that the "check switch" bug is still there from 115

Strange, my screen has been showing "Download installation succeeded Please wait while the sysem is upgraded" This has been showing over half an hour now. Also, the email light shows on the front panel. Should I continue to wait, or is there something else I should be doing to complete the upgrade?

DougE said:
Strange, my screen has been showing "Download installation succeeded Please wait while the sysem is upgraded" This has been showing over half an hour now. Also, the email light shows on the front panel. Should I continue to wait, or is there something else I should be doing to complete the upgrade?

DougE,

Mine did the same thing. It usually reboots automatically after a new software download but I had to hold the power button in on the receiver for 5 seconds to force a manual reboot. Just do that and you will be good to go.

OK after 20 minutes, a form of screen saver came up. In the background is A & E which is the channel I had been watching before the software download. The screensaver is a myarid of what looks like a picture puzzle, then moving images of lines

Screensaver worked on mine too but I have a widescreen tv and I noticed the screensaver didn't cover the whole screen. It left about an inch on the left and right hand side of the screen without a screen saver. The channel I was watching was still showing in that area untouched.

Scott Greczkowski said:
My god, its been out almost all day and Bob Haller hasnt broke the software yet.

Im in shock! :D

Give him some time. Just wait until his wife's cooking shows start recording :)

Dennis

Can't brake something thats already broken can I?

Also, any1 know how I can play my message? I see that the Orange message light is on, but the menu has it "grayed" out... so how can I play it to be rid of this orange light.

Thanks Scott, i supose that is one of the "First" steps one does with the new software within 24 hours of getting it, right?

maybe that's even what the message says :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)