721 Update (Coming down right now)

according to the Dish Versions page it's L1.72. I wonder if it fixes the Dish Home stuff so we can actually use it?

(mine's still D/L'ing).

LER

Well, the only thing I can see so far is that the Customer Support interactive app stopped working (the one you could call from the menu, not the Dish Home one - that one never worked)

The one thing I noticed is that all the shows in the pvr list now show the proper name instead of the "unknown recording channel 77 " banner. I checked this on several shows and it correctly showed the name of the show each time. This is good news on the one remaining bug I have noticed that bugs me personaly. :D The other news is that the dish home update is coming on 10/01/04 and it will finally enable all the dish home applications. I got this straight from Scott Higgins who deals with nothing but the open software on Dish HOme. Now if they can just get the stupid software on the 921 to work as good as the 721. :confused:

I had gotten to the point where I was seeing the 77 banner all the time, and it's not there now.

I also had a problem where I couldn't watch ANY new recordings, so I erased them all, and haven't had that problem again, yet.

Hopefully 1.72 fixes it :)

LER

My biggest issue, which still continues on 1.72 is channel surfing on Extra Innings. When you channel up/down before a channel is locked in, it either bumps you to NBA.TV or the spanish channels. Hoped it was one of those "subtle" fixes, but I guess not.

LER said:
I had gotten to the point where I was seeing the 77 banner all the time, and it's not there now.
LER
now that it's been up a bit, I've seen a couple of the 77's for a second.

We'll see

LER said:
now that it's been up a bit, I've seen a couple of the 77's for a second.

We'll see

I have noticed a couple of unknown banners to on older recorded shows. I guess it was a fluke. I wonder what the hell this update was supposed to do ?

If I go to channel 100, option 7 (Olympics), I get the "coming soon" popup on my 721 with 1.42.

Anyone know if it's really coming to the 721's?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)