721 Update L175

I received the update within days of its release. (Not sure of the exact day.) I do know that I got the update a day or two before my 721 reported its first "your hard drive has failed" error. I'm hoping the timing was purely coincidental.

Confirmed.

quote from a E* insider:
As far as I can tell, L175 has "miscellaneous fixes, including support for
the DishPro Plus twin." It doesn't appear that they added any goodies.

Not laughing here - it seems to have broken my skip back 10 seconds function. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. Usually after skipping forward (using 30 sec skip) several times, I then try to skip back 10 sec and it gets stuck and won't skip back past the point where I stopped skipping forward...

pacman said:
Not laughing here - it seems to have broken my skip back 10 seconds function. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. Usually after skipping forward (using 30 sec skip) several times, I then try to skip back 10 sec and it gets stuck and won't skip back past the point where I stopped skipping forward...
When did you reboot last?

Mine seems(!) to work just fine.

LER

pacman said:

Same thing happened to me on one show night before last so I used rewind instead. Then watched another show without the problem. Seems we may have another buggy software update.

Geez, they tell us we will have NBR, then back out without any explantions, then deliver this crap.

I just started seeing that on my 921 a few days ago! Software hasn't changed on the 921 for weeks.

Could it be video stream issues instead of software levels?

SimpleSimon said:
I just started seeing that on my 921 a few days ago! Software hasn't changed on the 921 for weeks.

Could it be video stream issues instead of software levels?
Interesting that you say this; I've been having the skipping back problem for a week now, but it appears to happen only on the higher (I believe) compressed stations. I've been watching Discovery Channel's show on the Alaskan King Crab fishing, and it constantly will not skip backwards. I also watched that horrible new Larry Hagman series startup last weekend about Dallas, and the same thing happened. I'm not sure what channel that is on. I don't have that problem with HBO or my distant networks, but something has definitely changed. Anybody talked to Dish yet?

yep, I have been having the skip-back problems too since the new download came. You can always count on E* programmers screwing it up. I wish they would just get someone that knows what they are doing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)