721 Upgrade

Lee L said:
Scott, you might not be able to answer thisdue to NDA, but how do they even get a different SW build onto the beta testers 721's? The DP had internet access built in so you could just download the updates but the 721 only has the sat stream.
Pretty certain Dish Network has the ability to target individual receivers with new software revisions sent through the satellite stream by Receiver CA: ID and/or Smart Card number.

I would also like to add that I never had this issue on the 501 when playing back recorded audio channels in the 900 range.

I can't speak to the audio problems, but my 721 is having an occasional problem with freezes when jumping forward or fast forwarding. I hope the new software clears this and a few other things up!!!

Unthinkable said:
Pretty certain Dish Network has the ability to target individual receivers with new software revisions sent through the satellite stream by Receiver CA: ID and/or Smart Card number.

Hmm, will be good to know, how the Smart Card number influent to receiver's updates ? I saw many posts at dbstalk where is stated the upgrades based on serial numbers of IRD and some IRD's IDs.
Is it your _personal_ speculation or CSR told you ?

Smith said:
I saw many posts at dbstalk where is stated the upgrades based on serial numbers of IRD and some IRD's IDs.
Is it your _personal_ speculation or CSR told you ?

I can state as a FACT that it is true that DISH can target updates to just some receivers (it is not JUST the receiver's ID). The fact that Scott (and others) have got Beta software and we haven't shows that this is true for the 721s.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)