721 Will Not Get Certain Channels

BillH

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Sep 16, 2003
I have a 721 and a super dish with local channels. I also have 2 other 301's.

The 721 has started not getting certain channels part of the time. It will get other channels all of the time and it will get those channels in question part of the time.

It will not get 205-140-144 and a few others. It will get 200 and 202 all of the time.

The really strange thing is that when the 721 will not get 205, the 301's will get it.

What is the problem?

Thanks.

I had similar problem. It seemed to work itself out later, somehow. The 721 is a freaky box. There is no end to the list of WEIRD things it has done in the last year (at one point it was displaying messages saying my smartcard would not allow certain channels that are part of my package; 20 minutes later, all is well, like it never happened).

I'm having the same exact problem with my 721.

BillH - how is the 721 hooked up?

We have a DishPro Super dish aimed at 110, 119, and 129 going to a DPP44 switch. I am using a DPP seperator on the 721. We also have a 622 and a 510 receiver, both working fine.

Sometimes when we switch to channel 140 (ESPN) or 205 (Fox News) we get the "Acquiring Satellite Signal" screen. I've also noted that there is more of a pause between changing channels on the 721. Sometimes it can take 5-10 seconds.

This just started happening the last few weeks.

Try this:

- Unplug AC power plug for 30 seconds.
- Plug it back in.
- Find good novel. :D
- When it is back to showing a channel, run "Check Switch". This means that you have to click on "test" - just going to the screen only shows the results of the previous check.
- See if channels are back.

Some possibilities:
- Loose connection on satellite feed cable. Try disconnecting and reconnecting the cable(s) (unplug the AC power again while doing this). It might even be loose on the LNB end of the connection.

KingofKaty, you have a Dish 1000. That's not the same as a SuperDISH which picks up either 105/110/119 or 110/119/121.

Thanks, I can never remember which is which. I started to type in Dish 1000 but changed it. Anyway, I still have problems with a couple of the channels, but we have had a lot of T'storms this week and problems with rain fade.

Dish Repair Man Said,

I had lost lock on 205,140,and 144 and 2 301's in other rooms will get the same channels. Dish man came out yesterday and said I needed to replace the super dish with a dish 500, that dish has changed some things recently that messed the super dishes up. some are messed up and others are ok.

Don't ask me to explain it.

I will see if it works Friday.

BillH,

I would make sure the work order clearly states that it is at Dish Network's decision that the Superdish is being replaced with a Dish 500.

Would hate for somewhere down the road for you to need a Superdish to get something and they try to charge you since you already had one and gave it up.

Dish 500 Fixed The Problem

The dish repairman changed my superdish to a dish 500 and I have had no further problems for 2 days now. I believe that fixed my problems.

Please don't ask me to explain how one receiver could get the signal and one could not, but it happened.

My receiver is fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts