722: 21.0 remote TV1 UHF

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

gwhitelover

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 20, 2008
Delaware, Diamond STATE
I would like to use the 21.0 remote as primary TV1 UHF with my 722. I find the TV1 IR setting on the 21.0 remote becomes sluggish every so often while other remotes like the 5.2 do not with the 722. I searched and read through this subject on here and have not been success in switching TV1 IR to TV1 UHF on the 722 with the 21.0 remote. I had no problem with changing it on the 612, 722k, but as for the 722 itself, I have no luck. I tried to switch the TV1 remote tab to TV2 remote tab as well as the switch inside the remote battery bar, pushed the record button 3 times while on the TV-info screen, and so on but still has not accepted the change.

Could someone help me with this subject? Can it actually be done?

Did you press the SYSTEM INFO button on the front panel and press REC on the the 21.0 remote to learn it? Sounds like you did. You sure the switch was set to UHF when you did it?
BTW, if you have an LCD TV, back-lighting often causes interference with IR. Turning it off may help. My 21.0 in IR mode can be pointed at least 90 degrees away from my plasma and still works.

Last edited:
To set your VIP receiver to use UHF on TV1 for 21.0 remotes go to system info, make sure the remote is in UHF mode, flip the tab over so the #1 is displayed and press record. The receiver will now accept UHF commands from from that remote.

P.S. Don't forget to change the remote address to some thing other than 1!

Look at the 21.0 remote, and look at the "0." Does it say anywhere around it something about "system" wizard?" Put the green one tab in, switch to UHF, and then press and hold the "0" until the system wizard appears. You may have to hold the remote very close, and then follow the on-screen instructions. I've only done it once...I think that's how you do it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)