722 & 222 or 722 & two 211 for 4 room install?

haloguy628

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 6, 2007
Highlands Ranch CO
Hello, I have install scheduled for 25th for four rooms. All four rooms have LCD HD sets in them. At this time I was told by Dish that they will be installing one 722 and one 222. This means two rooms with HD feed and two rooms with SD feed.

I just looked at the specs of the receivers available from Dish and saw the 211. By requesting two 211s instead of one 222 I would then have HD signal in three rooms instead of two. This would be better solution to me as one of the TV's is in my bedroom and will not get that much play whereas the other three sets will.

What is your opinion, is there any drawback to the 211 vs the 222?

Would Dish go for it if I call them and request this setup?

Can 3 HD receivers even be connected to Dish antenna?

Thanks.

Hello, I have install scheduled for 25th for four rooms. All four rooms have LCD HD sets in them. At this time I was told by Dish that they will be installing one 722 and one 222. This means two rooms with HD feed and two rooms with SD feed.

I just looked at the specs of the receivers available from Dish and saw the 211. By requesting two 211s instead of one 222 I would then have HD signal in three rooms instead of two. This would be better solution to me as one of the TV's is in my bedroom and will not get that much play whereas the other three sets will.

What is your opinion, is there any drawback to the 211 vs the 222?

Would Dish go for it if I call them and request this setup?

Can 3 HD receivers even be connected to Dish antenna?

Thanks.

Call back and get two 211's. A friend of mine did it a couple of months ago with no problem. Also keep in mind that the 211 will be DVR capable with an external hard drive in December (If all goes according to plan).

I've got a similar question which has gone unanswered here:

I have a 2 HDTV setup. Will Dish give me, for free (no upfront charges), a 722 for one room and a 211 for the other?

And then I could add DVR capability to the 211 later in its life by adding an external drive? Or in fact I could record a show on the 722 and move it to the external drive, move the drive to the 211, and watch it there? (I know the software doesn't support this yet.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)