722 and 500 dish

If you are switching from one dish (one location to another) you will want to run the check switch test each and every time its moved (Menu 6-1-1, "Check Switch", "Test"). If you don't the receiver will stay looking for the EA sats its used to and you will get 002/015 all day long.

You currently have an Eastern Arc installation. That style of installation requires MPEG4 Equipment or the signal can't be decrypted (general term here). A 625 is MPEG2 and so our computer system automates the response to the CSR (basically saying it can't be activated because it won't work anyway). I am paraphrasing, but that is the meat of the issue. The DISH 500 setup, or any WA setup/hybrid, only needs MPEG2 equipment, which the 722 can handle (VIP receivers are backwards compatible, but MPEG2 is not forwards compatible). Are you trying to activate a 625 on your account with an EA dish installation? If so, it won't work and that's why they won't activate it.

I was trying to add it to use in my RV on 110 and 119 with a dish 500 with DP Plus LNB but they said they couldn't because I have an HD account.

EA is primarily mpeg4 and the 625 will not work on that. The Dish 500 is not and the 625 will work as well as the 722 on it. The 722 will not have most of the HD channels you have now and you will need to do a check switch each time you move the receiver between your home and your RV.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts