722 cannot record 1 channel

emt68

Original poster
Aug 1, 2010
Maryland
I've been having an issue with our 722. For the past few weeks it cannot record ABC Family on TV2, but works fine if it is recording on TV1. All other channels appear to record fine on TV2.

This may have started when Dish dropped ABC Family HD but I'm not positive.

I've tried powering the box off and on (pulling the power cord). I also called Dish Tech Support but they were useless -- they did zero troubleshooting and just wanted to send a new box. I'd rather work around the issue than to lose all of our saved recordings.

Anyone else have a similar problem, or any ideas to resolve other than replacing the box?

Thanks.

Try deleting and recreating the timer using the SD channel. If the old timer is still set for the HD channel and it's not there, this would explain the missed recordings.

Try deleting and recreating the timer using the SD channel. If the old timer is still set for the HD channel and it's not there, this would explain the missed recordings.

I've already tried doing that. I also get the same result if I manually start the recording (by pressing the Record button in the Guide).