722 Can't record one channel and watch another.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

larrylwill

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 18, 2004
I have a 722 recorder with dual LNB and OTA antenna. I only have one TV connected.
I can record on both recorders at the same time #1 and #2 only if I set them up in advance like a pass or schedule.
However if nothing is recording and I want to manually start a recording on one channel and watch another channel, I cant.
If I start a recording then attempt to view another channel, it wants to stop the recording to switch to live TV. Is there a way to switch to the other tuner?
What am I doing wrong?

It doesnt matter. Right now Im recording Stargate Universe and Record Plus was set to TV1, so I set it to TV2 and I have the same problem, so I set it to enable and TV2, no change.

I have an external HDD on it.
It does work if 2 shows are scheduled at the same time, both record. Its only if I try to view another channel with one recorder recording.

Not explicitly stated, but I assume you are in single mode?

In single mode what happens if you press the swap button?

I just found the problem and came here to type the answer and saw your answer.
Yes somehow it got put in dual mode. This can only be done with the front panel mode button.
thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)