722 Changes Channels, Brings up Info

AshaNeOmah

Original poster
Oct 10, 2008
New Dish customer here. I've had my 722 installed for under 2 months and an unusual problem is occuring. As I watch, my reciever occasionally changes channels and brings up the info on the current program with no buttons being pressed on the remote. I have held the remote in my hand while this occurs, so I know it isn't accidental button pressing.

I live in a townhome and my neighbor also has Dish. Could his remote be effecting my reciever?

Would my schedule recordings attempt to change channels without informing me. The channels that are being changed to are not channels I am recording from or even watch often.

Ideas?

Neighbor

New Dish customer here. I've had my 722 installed for under 2 months and an unusual problem is occuring. As I watch, my reciever occasionally changes channels and brings up the info on the current program with no buttons being pressed on the remote. I have held the remote in my hand while this occurs, so I know it isn't accidental button pressing.

I live in a townhome and my neighbor also has Dish. Could his remote be effecting my reciever?

Would my schedule recordings attempt to change channels without informing me. The channels that are being changed to are not channels I am recording from or even watch often.

Ideas?

Sounds like you have neighbor that has a dish system. Change the UHF code to a different channel and this should take care of it. Look in manual to find procedure.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)