722 dead. Overstressed??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

tpautler

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 25, 2006
Well, just had another 722 go dark. My wife is a power user of this machine and the life of a 722 has been a little over a year on average. This will be the third one. The 622 she used before we went to a 722 for her was about 18 months. We have had two 622s running elsewhere in the house which have never broken for multiple years now. (I recently upgraded one to a 922). The only thing I think she does to her receivers is use the hard drive to the max. She records everything and then deletes what she doesn't watch. She has her ext hard drive just about full.
Seems to me these receivers are not up to running them at full capacity. Hard drives,nowadays, should be able to take a lot of use, but, I still hear many say that the less you run your hard drive the longer it will last. Oh, well the replacement will probably be here tomorrow...

Seems like something environmental could be killing your 722's. Loose power outlet? Enclosed space?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts