722 does not always record

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Sounder

Original poster
Jan 24, 2006
Our 722 has developed a recording problem. When we set a timer, the recording circle shows in the guide, but the show is never recorded. It does not show in "My recordings".

We have the system set up with two feeds, so we should be able to record two events..... and or watch one live and record another.

Yesterday, I had two timers set to record movies, one worked and the other did not.

I would appreciate help..... so that we can safely record the Formula One race tomorrow.

Thanks

The last time I had that problem, it was fixed by pulling the AC plug from the outlet, waiting 30 seconds and then plugging it back in.

Of course, wait until you are not recording anything !

I have found that at times scheduled recordings will be changed to "Skip Recording" , like last night a program scheduled for every Friday night had the "X" in a red circle. Lucky I checked before the time it was to start and changed it to record.
Dan

Mine has the same problem. When the unit powers down every night for its normal "update/re-boot", it doesn't turn itself back on. I then loose any recordings scheduled for the next day. If I remember to just manually turn the unit "on" before I leave for work, everything records as it should until the next middle of the night update "power-down".

Anyone have any ideas on this? My old 322 unit turned itself back on after an update power down just fine and all timers worked great (I was recording some programming on a computer with manually set timers to match the dish 322 box).

Our 722 has developed a recording problem. When we set a timer, the recording circle shows in the guide, but the show is never recorded. It does not show in "My recordings".

We have the system set up with two feeds, so we should be able to record two events..... and or watch one live and record another.

Yesterday, I had two timers set to record movies, one worked and the other did not.

I would appreciate help..... so that we can safely record the Formula One race tomorrow.

Thanks

Of course it could be a number of different things.

How far in advance are the recordings set for? I know with my 622 I used to go through the RFD-TV schedule two weeks in advance and set the recordings: when I went to view them weeks later about half would be missing. It turned out (as best I can determine) that when the guide info changed sometimes the software would think it was a different program altogether and skip it. Again, this would apply only to programs you pick to record way in advance (when the guide info is general "placeholder" text).

Just a thought.

Were you trying to record the F1 practice on Speed? I think they moved the time, I recorded Pinks instead (721, not name based recording). Wait, I thought that the 722 was name based and would catch that. I don't know.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)