722 Dual Mode recording - is this normal behavior?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

KasumiX

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Mar 27, 2012
Denver, CO
So this morning I turn on TV2 to check the weather. After switching it on I change the channel to the news. The guide immediately pops up and navigates back to Phineas and Ferb, and I realize the receiver is in single mode and I'm watching my daughter change the channel back on TV1 downstairs. When I went downstairs I saw that the receiver was recording a movie on another channel. When I pressed the mode button to put it back in dual mode, the red recording light under TV1 switched over to TV2.

So my questions are:
1. When I turn on TV2 while a recording is in progress, does the 722 automatically switch to single mode?
2. Why was I able to change the channel on TV1 with the TV2 remote?

1. No
2. Single mode allows use of UHF (TV2 remote) for TV1. (providing both remotes have the same address)

1. Mine doesn't. Or perhaps I should say it didn't in the past. I haven't tried that recently; it's possible a firmware update introduced a new bug.

2. That is the normal behavior in Single mode.

1.) No.

2.) In Single Mode that is the case, but in Dual Mode you can use MENU - 8 - 5 to change the preferred tuner to TV1 or TV2. You can also turn off Record Plus mode to make TV1 record to TV1 and TV2 to record to TV2.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)