722 Dual Mode ?

DetFan

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 27, 2006
Livonia, Michigan
Can anyone point me to where I can make my 722 work in dual mode? When I was installed I did not want to run it to more then one tv. I am curious now, so where can I find this info?

Thanks

Sorry, I misread your post. You will need an RG6 cable or composite cable run to TV2. If you use an RG6 you will need to setup the modulator to Cable or Air and then set the channel on TV2.

Menu, 6, 1, 5 will take you to the modulator setup. I setup my receivers to Cable 73, then I go to the TV2 and set it up to cable and tune to channel 73. Here's a couple of examples for the wiring.

Attachments

• distributionexample2.pdf
    65.7 KB · Views: 218
  • DistributionExample9.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 230
Yea I did not really type that out too well :):)

RG6 Cable I definately have. Where do I run to TV2 from?

I do have it, but I do not understand it, hence me here asking. If anyone could just answer my last question I can figure it out from there.

Ok one last question. I hope :):)

I have both of my 722's working in dual mode..both of the SD tvs are fine, one problem remote number 2 is running both tv's how can I make one of the #2 remotes act like #3?

I thought i had figured it out but no dice..

Hi DetFan, you can use the instructions on page 76 to change the address on one of the #2's. Check the current address in the "System Information" (front panel or menu/6/1/3) of the receiver you want to control. Then change one #2 remote to a different number as per the instructions. Make sure the receiver you don't want to change is off so you don't change it too (it is a UHF remote ya know).
Good luck,
Tom

P.S. 3rd DVR??? (I just noticed) Use instructions above and choose a different number than the first two.

Last edited:
You basically use a different address for each receiver. Example:

Receiver 1 == UHF address 4 (TV2) and IR address 1 (TV1)
Receiver 2 == UHF address 6 (TV2) and IR address 2 (TV1)
Receiver 3 == UHF address 8 (TV2) and IR address 3 (TV1)

and so on.

Unless your receivers are very close to each other, you may not have to change the address on the IR remotes. In any case, it would be a good idea to label all the remotes as to which receiver they control.
Tom

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts