722 Error

dmcianfa

Original poster
Jan 2, 2009
midwest
:confused: Not sure if this was posted before, but I just hooked up my 722 about a week ago and got great signal on all sats 110, 119, 129. Watching TV often, but every night when I turn the tv off to go to bed (satellite reciever is still on, but tv is off) when I wake up in the morning and turn the tube on I get an error message and it starts searching for signal again. Then it won't find the sats until I reset the reciever by holding the power button in. I get this message pretty much once a day now and know my signal is strong as I used a birddog and meter to peak signals on all LNB's and made sure they are the right birds to aim at. Is this reciever inherent of problems? Any suggestions with why or how to fix this problem.

I see this issue as well. Try pressing the GUIDE button while you see the error message and see if the picture comes right back.

Regardless of any other issues, you should turn your receiver off at night (both green and blue lights ..1&2) Out of the factory your 722 is set to recieve program information every morning at 3 a.m.. Your receiver needs this info to know what it is receiving. I have been installing dish for a long time and have found that some tuners override and take the download anyway regardless if the tuner is on or off, and some tuners won't take it unless it is off.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)