722 freezing up

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

billybgame

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 22, 2007
Saginaw, MI
A recent problem has occured where my 722 DVR freezes up, when watching normal live TV. The receiver then makes a quite load noise, and, eventually, recovers. I believe it goes right back to live TV. This has happened three times in the last week. Sounds like something might be seriously wrong, as much noise as it makes, compared to normal. Anyone else see this problem?

Also, in another direction, what the hell is Vs doing on an upper package? Everyone and their brother had the NHL playoffs/Stanley Cup finals, except me.

Last edited:
m looking for more answers to that also. Mine locked up last night and I had to force a reboot and it has rebooted during the day some days. I had to force a reboot then also. Today in the middle of a recording of the Andromeda Strain it rebooted. I have tried 3 times to record that and 2 times it rebooted in the middle of the recording.

Is your 722 in an open area with no air circulation obstructions on either side.

622/722 are prone to overheat and cause reboots.

The noise you hear is the internal fan ramping up to 100%.

Press menu, 6, 3, Counters and do page down 7 times. You will see the HDD temps. The high temp should be in the 130 degree's at most, any thing in uipper 130 degrees or hightr is a heat problem.

I have a fan pullling warm air out of the left side of my 622 keeping my high temp about 110.

Is your 722 in an open area with no air circulation obstructions on either side.

622/722 are prone to overheat and cause reboots.

The noise you hear is the internal fan ramping up to 100%.

Press menu, 6, 3, Counters and do page down 7 times. You will see the HDD temps. The high temp should be in the 130 degree's at most, any thing in uipper 130 degrees or hightr is a heat problem.

I have a fan pullling warm air out of the left side of my 622 keeping my high temp about 110.

Hmmm....nope...I don't think so. It sits on top of my bigscreen TV. Unless heat emanating from that is factoring in........hmmmmm. With these big screen projection TVs, there's not too many places to put things like cable boxes. And, it's way too far to the back, to put it elsewhere. So, mine just sits on top, with a towel underneath the back of the box, to hold it up there.

I'll have to investigate that more. Thanks.

My 622 started doing high speed fan noises this morning. The menu 6, 3, counter said it was trying to do a FSCK.

It also says it is scheduled to do a system check tomorrow 12:30 AM.

What are these ?

Do I need to be connected to phone or internet while my receiver are doing these ?

TIA

Dish only calls in once a month, but does a nightly download of programming data then reboots to clear any garbage picked up the previous day, FSCK appears to be programmed into the unit to also be run daily.

Similiar things happen to me. I have to force reboot sometimes because it freezes up. And as of last night I was watching the Stanley cup game (go pens) and my whole screen just turned yellow and my heart dropped. Then about 6 seconds later it went on. Anyone know what was up with the yellow screen?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)