722 Guide question

tanman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
While I was at my brothers house today I thought I'd see if he got the Smithsonian channel(367).Even on the all channel guide it didn't show all though other channels that he didn't subscribe to did show.Upon further research he needs to upgrade from 200 to 250-fair enough.
My question is why didn't the channel show up on his all channel guide?This is actually the second time this has happened.When we called dish they had no clue-just "he needs a different package to view that channel."

Hello tanman. Several things could cause it not to show. Outdated smartcard? Still usable, but may be the G3 not the G4 updated card. Did he change programming the day you came over? That can mess up the guide for a little bit too. Could be a receiver issue or several other things. I'd be happy to troubleshoot with you. Just message me.

While I was at my brothers house today I thought I'd see if he got the Smithsonian channel(367).Even on the all channel guide it didn't show all though other channels that he didn't subscribe to did show.Upon further research he needs to upgrade from 200 to 250-fair enough.
My question is why didn't the channel show up on his all channel guide?This is actually the second time this has happened.When we called dish they had no clue-just "he needs a different package to view that channel."
This may be normal, since many channels are "hidden" in the guide unless you actually subscribe to them. Also, which arc does your brother have: Eastern Arc (satellites 61.5, 72.7, and 77) or Western Arc (satellites 110, 119, and 129)? If you don't subscribe to a channel, usually only the standard-def feed will show up on the All Channels list. However, many channels are now HD-only on Eastern Arc. With no SD feed to display, this results in the channel completely disappearing from the guide on Eastern Arc, even if the SD feed is still shown on the All Channels list with Western Arc.

This may be normal, since many channels are "hidden" in the guide unless you actually subscribe to them. Also, which arc does your brother have: Eastern Arc (satellites 61.5, 72.7, and 77) or Western Arc (satellites 110, 119, and 129)? If you don't subscribe to a channel, usually only the standard-def feed will show up on the All Channels list. However, many channels are now HD-only on Eastern Arc. With no SD feed to display, this results in the channel completely disappearing from the guide on Eastern Arc, even if the SD feed is still shown on the All Channels list with Western Arc.
My brother has Eastern Arc so your reply makes sense.Thank you.

Reactions: pattykay

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts