722--how to stop a recording?

acker1

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 5, 2009
SE
Was taping something for my wife and she came home during the taping. Tried to stop the taping and reset to tape something else and can't do it. I am watching on TV1 and taping on TV2. Tried using both remotes stop buttons--nothing. Tried the DVR button but couldn't stop it from the info there.

How do you stop a program that's recording? (It will stop at the scheduled time).

Thanks
DICK

Was taping something for my wife and she came home during the taping. Tried to stop the taping and reset to tape something else and can't do it. I am watching on TV1 and taping on TV2. Tried using both remotes stop buttons--nothing. Tried the DVR button but couldn't stop it from the info there.

How do you stop a program that's recording? (It will stop at the scheduled time).

Thanks
DICK

Press DVR button twice, highlight the "schedule button", highlight the show in the left hand column and select, up arrow to the "timer button" and select, up arrow twice to "delete" and press enter. A screen will ask you if you are sure, arrow to "yes" and select. Process done and show will stop recording. :):)

"taping?" :D

Usually those methods you mentioned will do the trick.

try changing channels on TV2 if redsalmon's tip doesn't work.

Yep, kids these days have no concept of a linear, non direct-access recording medium. My earliest memories of TV were a black-and-white, snowy picture.