722 Installation

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ltownsend

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 27, 2007
Coral Springs, FL
Can someone confirm that a dish 500 is just as good as as dish 1000 for 722 HD installation. I was promised the 1000 when I did the upgrade. The installer told me that the 500 with 61.5 (??) was just as good. Is this correct or was I mislead?

Depends on where your HD channels are at. The dish 1000 pulls in 110,119, and 129. The 129 is a pile and you always get lower sat signals, the 1000.2 dish seems to be slighty better. Often people will use 2 dish 500s as the single dish at 129 gets a stronger signal. You could also point at 61.5 and do the same thing but sometimes your programming is not on 61.5. All depends on where you live and what programming you have.

i'm about to switch to dish from directv and i've been reading about these issues of sats - but i'm confused. i'm in chicago and will be getting Top 250 plus HD and centre ice- what dish should i be getting to get all available channels?
thanks!

In my case I installed a Dish 1000.2 and added a Dish 300 at 61.5. This way if 129 goes down I can run a check switch and get 61.5, in addition I have my OTA antenna to get HD locals. May loose some programming from 61.5, not sure, but I got tired last year of knocking snow off my old Dish 1000. Does E* just not get what a PITA 129 is? I find it highly ironic that cutting edge, gowing HD programming would be placed on a old POS echostar bird.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)