722 is now only getting less than 2 days for tv guide?

swellde

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 27, 2008
Four days ago I appeared to receive a software upgrade as I noticed small changes to the menus as were being described in the l685 thread.

I have the system updates scheduled each night at 4am and since then, each morning when I wake up, my program guide is not even giving me two full days in advance.

When I try to go beyond that, I get the notice that my guide is out of date and when I select Yes to update, the progress bar goes much, much faster than usual, and the same limited guide is there with the exception of gaining an additional 3 hours or so.

I checked my software version just now and it said I had l635? Has anyone experienced this or know how to solve this?

I unplugged the receiver for a couple minutes and plugged it back in. After acquiring a signal, the program guide info was downloaded but the same thing is happening, I get 46 hours of guide info.

This has been ongoing ever since the last software update about four days ago. The other thing that has been acting goofy since then is that whenever I try to load dish Interactive and try to view TWC, I immmediately get a signal loss screen. I'm not sure if these are glitches with the update or if my receiver is going bad. I will have to try to call Dish when I get some free time.

I unplugged the receiver for a couple minutes and plugged it back in. After acquiring a signal, the program guide info was downloaded but the same thing is happening, I get 46 hours of guide info.

This has been ongoing ever since the last software update about four days ago. The other thing that has been acting goofy since then is that whenever I try to load dish Interactive and try to view TWC, I immmediately get a signal loss screen. I'm not sure if these are glitches with the update or if my receiver is going bad. I will have to try to call Dish when I get some free time.

MENU - 6 - 1 - 1 - Check Switch - Test. Does it pass that without any issues?

Four days ago I appeared to receive a software upgrade as I noticed small changes to the menus as were being described in the l685 thread.

I have the system updates scheduled each night at 4am and since then, each morning when I wake up, my program guide is not even giving me two full days in advance.

When I try to go beyond that, I get the notice that my guide is out of date and when I select Yes to update, the progress bar goes much, much faster than usual, and the same limited guide is there with the exception of gaining an additional 3 hours or so.

I checked my software version just now and it said I had l635? Has anyone experienced this or know how to solve this?
You mean l685 right? L635 is on the 622

Just finished doing the swich test. I received a message along the lines of "there are fewer satellites than you once had" with an option to save to make it permanent or cancel. I hit cancel.

Just finished doing the swich test. I received a message along the lines of "there are fewer satellites than you once had" with an option to save to make it permanent or cancel. I hit cancel.

Looks like you may have an issue with your reception. Now let's try MENU - 6 - 1 - 3. Which sats show up, and does "Status" say "Good?" Also, are all of the sats green or are there some red ones?

@ckhaliil18 - Sorry, I do have the 622 receiver. I was reading the forum looking for similar problems and read the thread about the recent 722 update and assumed I had a 722 since I seemed to get an software update at the same time period but I just looked and it is a 622.

#3HaloODST - 119, 110, 129 are showing up. After the test, I get a red x for 119, yellow bar for 110 and green bar for 129. Details show ten signal losses on tuner 1.

This is all new to me so I don't know if this helps but I have not been experiencing any weather issues recently like rain.

Well, you're not receiving 119, and 110 has a marginal signal strength, so that explains your guide issues, as well as your Weather Channel issues. You need to have someone out to check your installation. One of the reps here will get in touch with you shortly, I'm sure, so no need to call DISH or anything, as the reps here are a LOT better than the ones you get on the phone.

Thanks a lot, I really appreciate it. I guess I rarely watch my channels that use 119 and didn't even notice it until just checking now.

Thanks a lot, I really appreciate it. I guess I rarely watch my channels that use 119 and didn't even notice it until just checking now.

If you watch mostly HD, then you wouldn't really notice it as quickly as almost all HD is on 129 which you seem to still be receiving alright. That's peculiar though, as usually it's the other way around, people can get 110/119 and not 129, or they can only get 119 or 110. Do you know where your dish is located? Any chance of trees blocking your signal? If your dish has a clear line-of-site, then it may be a cable/switch/receiver issue.

On MENU - 6 - 1 - 1 - Check Switch, are all three sats "OK" on both tuners, or just one, or neither? Also, if you click the "details" button, does it state that you have 119/110/129 even and odd on both tuners?

I guess with trees growing it is possible that they are blocking my signal all of a sudden. I have two dishes, my oldest one has been in the same place for 10 years but the second dish I received when I purchased HD 4 years ago was moved to a different/better location about two years ago when my HD locals were added because the tech was having a hard time getting a clear line.

Under check switch, all three sats have a green "ok" icon underneath them. Under details, Sat 1 has Port 1 DDP, 119: Even, Odd Port 2 DDP, 110: Even, Odd Port 3 LNB, 129: Even, Odd
and Sat 2 has the same.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)