722 Issue

dmcianfa

Jan 2, 2009
midwest
Ok, I have a problem with my system, so bear with me and hopefully I can explain all the details enough:

I have a 722 that is failing to acquire any signal from any lnb or sat whatsoever as of yesterday sometime while I was at work. I came home to no channels and no signal in the dish install screen. My setup is the same as when it was hooked up and I havn't changed a thing. I have a 1000 dish with a DishPro twin for 110, 119, and a dishpro 129 single. I believe it is a 1000.2 but not sure. I can only access the menu system, no guide or other options. DVR still works. Checked switches and it takes forever to complete and when it does all it says is that I no longer have the same satellites or setup and do I want to Cancel or save. I cancelled because I havn't changed a thing. I can't be sure if the switch is good or bad. I bypassed the seperator and tried each channel. Nothing. I reset with holding in the power button 5 sec. same thing, it reboots and comes on, then appears to shut off for a some seconds, then comes on with tuner and mode lights and I continue to get acquiring satellite screen on the transponder. It fails to see anything. I did a hard reboot by unplugging all night, today fired it up after hours of sitting with no power, same thing. I figured maybe my cable was going bad so ran another direct line to satellite from reciever of satcoax and same thing, no change. I have had this reciever for quite a while and no problems or signs such as this. I will be getting my birddog out tonight to verify by lnbs are picking up signals and it isn't the switch, but I find that them failing is highly unlikely as I've never had that happen with an LNB, EVER! Ichecked my sat level, az, skew, and elevation and all are how they should be and aimed right. No blockage, no angle change, nothing. Anyone else have a similar issue like this before and if so I would love to hear any ideas. Thanks

Last edited:
Please, someone respond, no tv for days now and can't figure it out. I will be responding periodically just to move this thread to the top

Why not call E* technical support? It sounds like something has happened to the hardware. If you're worried about the cost, sign up for the DHPP. If you own it I believe it is warrantied for a year anyway.

Does someone know the E* number I have to call for this plan and replacement of my reciever. And what do I tell them, since I did not get the reciever from them and do not lease it?

Any chance it could not be the receiver, has anyone ever experienced this?

You've run new cables. You've eliminated the separator as the problem. You done both hard and soft reboots. If you get a good connection on the Check Switch screen, the cable connection isn't the problem. If you are not getting a good connection to the LNB, the problem could be the cable connection, the lnb, or the receiver. If you have a good connection but XXs for no signal, the dish is either misaligned, or the lnb or receiver is faulty. If you have another receiver, see if it'll work or borrow one from someone you know. If it works, you know your receiver is bad. Your best choice is to contact E* and let them sort it out. The service call is only $29 with DHPP. Receiver exchanges are also free with DHPP.

If my switch in my twin lnb's went bad, wouldn't I get at least one sat if it was stuck on one channel. Theoretically if the switch wouldn't engage then it should be locked into position on either 110, 119, or 129, no? So, can't I eliminate the LNB problem as a result and say it is either my cables connections, dish misalignment or reciever. Just some food for thought?

If my switch in my twin lnb's went bad, wouldn't I get at least one sat if it was stuck on one channel. Theoretically if the switch wouldn't engage then it should be locked into position on either 110, 119, or 129, no? So, can't I eliminate the LNB problem as a result and say it is either my cables connections, dish misalignment or reciever. Just some food for thought?

1. Take your receiver to someone else's home with E* and try it. After plugging in the cable do a Check Switch (menu 6-1-1) If it works there, the problem is not the receiver. If it doesn't work, the receiver is faulty.

Next

2. Take your receiver and portable TV outside and use a short cable to connect to the LNB. Do the Check Switch again. If it works, the problem is in the original cabling/connectors. If it doesn't work, the problem is likely the LNB/switch assembly or antenna alignment.

Next

3. If the Check Switch screen shows good connections for Port 1 and Port 2 and identifies a Dish 500 but has XXs denoting no signal, try realigning the antenna. Otherwise try a different Twin LNB/switch assembly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)