722 jumps to live tv when unpausing live tv

osu1991

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Sep 4, 2004
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
Trying to trouble shoot one of my parents 722 before I have to drive over there. My parents just left for a month long trip to Vegas and my step sister is home with an apparently malfunctioning dvr.

If she pauses live tv and then comes back a few minutes later and unpauses it, the dvr jumps straight back to live tv. I was thinking I had seen this reported before but I can't find anything at the moment.

Anyone else have this problem? Solutions??

Have her so a hard reset. (Unplug it, wait a few, plug it back in) But a failing hard drive is possible, or she's hitting the live TV button.... :)

Are you sure she is not hitting the Live TV button? Strange it did not happen until a new "operator" arrived. Or had it?

I just went and checked it out. The drive is failing. Picture is kind of wavy and jerky on recordings too.

Not a new operator just a blonde. LoL.
She is the only one that uses this receiver. It is in her room and backfeeds to the back patio.

Sent from my blazing fast galaxy s3 using SatelliteGuys

One of my 722s has a problem with playback including jumping live or to current. It is most likely on one local-into-local NBC news program especially when recording at the same time 1 or 2 channels. But it can happen even just on playback. It is accompanied with picture break-up or freezes. It is only on the one 722 and began a couple of weeks ago. I hadn't thought about the disk but that would match the problem. Now should I trade in 722/722/622 for the hopper/joey? Two rooms, 6 tuners for 3 but could get by, barely? I think it would actually be less costly, if I can save the return shipping fees. Hum. What about the doors on the 722s having broken hinges from heavy EHD usage?
-Ken

You're a hard man Ken. ;) I just leave that stupid door open, so mine has never broken.

The door was open but cables draped across and a lot of plugging/unplugging broke the flimsy clip-on hinges. Should have taken door off before continual use.

The breakup is worst on the NBC Nightly News.
Both 722s run a little hot but always have.
On a glass shelf, open back and front but a little congested nearby with lots of drives and cables around.
-Ken

P.S. on weird one it has the last file system check as 06-11-13. How can it be in the future? The HDD high is 140, average 132. Both from Menu+6+3+counters+page downs. The other (upper and newer) 722 is 138 and 131 degrees on its own shelf. Will pull the wi-fi from next to the left front vent and see if it helps. (Previously added in wrong thread.) Then I will try 12V (quieter) fan after I figure out USB connect.
-K

Last edited:
this was happening on the hoppers for a brief time due to software (as a dishscriber i am forced to test the software before it is pushed to customers).you may be experiencing a symptom of a 722 soft update.

My sister's 722 had the same problem. They got most of their shows copied to the EHD, a few failed the copy.
I've got the reverse. One EHD will not play though 3 recordings, although working for the other 226 films on it. When trying to transfer them "back" it hangs at that place and eventually reboots. I'll have to try to catch them again--some maybe once a year. Too bad you can't clip the recording because one stops in the end commercials, which I don't want anyway.
-Ken

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)