722 Newbie - Can't select which tuner to record to?!

flyfishingguy

Original poster
Jan 24, 2009
USA
Maybe this has been covered with the 722, but I can't find a specific thread and I am so frustrated.

I watch on tuner 1, the kids on tuner 2. I want to be able to select which tuner to record to and I can find no way to do this unless I walk downstairs and use the tuner 2 remote to schedule programming on 2.

Why would something so convenient be overlooked or is there a reason for this inadequacy? Other than this frustrating lack of choice option, I am pretty satisfied with my Dish setup.

Or you could disable record plus, then whichever TV you set the timer from is the TV/tuner that records the show.

Why would something so convenient be overlooked or is there a reason for this inadequacy? Other than this frustrating lack of choice option, I am pretty satisfied with my Dish setup.
Same here.

Another perverse shortcoming is the ability to view live (or schedule a recording of) OTA programming from TV2. A 3rd is the inability to accept IR to control TV2 output. I think (but I don't know) that these are all shortcomings of the firmware and not the hardware itself. So Dish could fix it if they so chose.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)