722 - no video from secondary output

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

majorminor

Original poster
Dec 20, 2008
Illinois
This may be a very simple thing, I don't know.

We've got a 722 with one HD television and one SD. HD tv works fine. My wife complained the other day that the SD television in our bedroom isn't showing a picture.

We get no audio or video, but we DO get the guide and can pull up the menus and such. Even the DVR won't display. Same for all channels.

Tried resetting the system via power off and such, no dice. Other video inputs (DVD player, antenna) work fine.

Suggestions?

We have tried all variants of the power off routine (push the button and unplug).

Found out today that if I set the system to Single mode, the upstairs television displays correctly (that is, whatever is on the downstairs TV). As soon as I hit the Mode button to move back to Dual mode, the upstairs TV goes black again.

I'm going to try and dig up another small television that I can hook up downstairs to see if that does me any good. I would think that if the tuner itself were totally fried, I wouldn't get anything at all, but the fact that I can still pull up the guide is troubling.

We have tried all variants of the power off routine (push the button and unplug).

Found out today that if I set the system to Single mode, the upstairs television displays correctly (that is, whatever is on the downstairs TV). As soon as I hit the Mode button to move back to Dual mode, the upstairs TV goes black again.

I'm going to try and dig up another small television that I can hook up downstairs to see if that does me any good. I would think that if the tuner itself were totally fried, I wouldn't get anything at all, but the fact that I can still pull up the guide is troubling.

Make sure your TV2 is tuned to the right channel. I just had this happen and that was the problem. Ch 62 was the modulated output for TV1, ch 60 was for TV2. The TV got switched to 62 and I could not figure out why the remote would not work. :)

He IS seeing the guide and other messages on TV2, just no programming.

It sounds like the receiver needs to be replaced.

Run the TV2 output directly into the HDTV using the coaxial connection. Make sure you are on the correct modulated channel output. If it works on that TV then check cables, splitters and connections between. If it doesn't work, it is a receiver problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)