722 Noise Hard drive at Night?

robertw477

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 25, 2006
I just got my 722 units this week. I have one 722 in my bedroom. My wife turned it off/pulled the plug at night because she says it is constantly making noise. Is this so? My old receiver a few years ago used to do the same thing and I had to pull the plug every night. My last on the 501 did not make any noise at night.

Appreciate any info?

Rob

ok sometimes the rcvrs are unruly noisy harddrive the fan,,etc then it can be replaced but the 722 should have some noise ( to cool the huge drive)

My 622 makes noise at night, I can now hear it because it's in the bedroom. I don't know if it's the fan or the hard drive, I kind of got used to it. Also set your updates to something during the day because you don't want to wake up at 3:00 AM when the receiver reboots, it sounds like a jet taking off.

haha good point i forgot about the download thats good point also change the time go to the menu select 8 - 5 then change the time

The pre 301 receivers used to make clicking noises , it was a relay more the mode, newer receivers are relay less

Recently I "Dished Up" to a 722 DVR from a 311. My 211 is silent but this new unit is driving me crazy with that constant hum. I didn't bargain for a new harmonic in my home. What can I do if I can't get used to the noise? Will Dish take it back and return my 311? Thanks for any advice.

problem with some TPs on 61.5 in NY

Did they ground my coax/dish properly?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)