722 Not Receiving IR signal from remote

duckydan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 31, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
I have a VIP 722 unit and am using both a Logitech 1000 and a dish network remote. Every few days (2 - 3) I need to manually get up and press the middle select button to turn off the screen saver so that the remotes work as I can press "Select" or "OK" on both remotes forever and not have it turn off the screen saver. Once I press the button the remotes work fine. Anyone else know anything about this issue?

I have a VIP 722 unit and am using both a Logitech 1000 and a dish network remote. Every few days (2 - 3) I need to manually get up and press the middle select button to turn off the screen saver so that the remotes work as I can press "Select" or "OK" on both remotes forever and not have it turn off the screen saver. Once I press the button the remotes work fine. Anyone else know anything about this issue?

I have a similar problem except the IR remote rarely works at all. I leave the receiver in single mode and use the UHF remote most of the time. Dish has swapped out the receiver and the replacement has the same result. The remote works PERFECTLY on the TV.

Anyone?

I have a similar problem except the IR remote rarely works at all. I leave the receiver in single mode and use the UHF remote most of the time. Dish has swapped out the receiver and the replacement has the same result. The remote works PERFECTLY on the TV.

Anyone?
Afew things can interfere with the operation of the Dish UHF remote.
Wireless routers. Wireless alram sytems. A hardwire modem wihtin a few feet of where the UHF remote is comminly used. If your TV2 is near or infront of a mirror. If there are many windows in either room.
Here is the best solution.
Get two, two way splitters and two short pieces of coax cable with connectors.
On the back of your 722 receiver disconnect the antenna. Take one piece of the coax and the two way splitter and connect the "out" ports to the spitter to the ch21-69 port(yellow insert) and the UHF antenna (green insert) connections on the back of the 722 receiver. Grab that antenna ,the other splitter and one more piece of cable and take them to the room where tv 2 is located.
Now remove the coax cable from the back of the tv. Connect that cable to the "in" port of the two way splitter. Then take the antenna and connect it to one of the "out" ports of the splitter. Connect the short piece of coax to the tv and the other "out" port of the splitter. Now ,turn on your tv. Make sure the tv2 tuner is powered up. Now try to change the channels on your satellite reciver for tv 2. It should work now.
Post back with results. This should solve your problem

dishcomm try reading the message you quoted.

The question was about IR remote not UHF.

dishcomm try reading the message you quoted.

The question was about IR remote not UHF.
Oh..sh*t....Sorry.
Ok I have seen cable modems mess with IR remotes. That's all I know. Perhaps there is some other source of terrestrial interference.

It doesn't even work 2 feet from the front of the receiver... I have tried changing the channel the remote operates on numerous times. Even fresh batteries. Should I just order a 2nd UHF remote and forget about it or would Dish send someone out? I still have the home protection plan from this install done in December.

Thanks!

You should try changing the remote address, one by one until it works. I was having a similar problem with both a 622 and 722 receivers. I finally found an address that worked. Another solution is to order an UHF remote for TV1, they sell for $20.00 on eBay.

I think that on the Harmony remotes only address 1 and 2 work but I'm not 100% sure.

I ran into a problem on my LCD interfering with the remote (IR). Apparently when the tv would dim at night, the frequency of the florescent interfered with the IR signal. I had to set a higher threshold on the dimmer to have this work ok. :)

-Space

I had a problem where my LCD was interfering but when I got a new tv stand it went away for a while. Now nothing is new on my rack but sometimes I can be standing on top of the receiver and it still requires me to press "select" on the front panel in order to get it to work. UHF works fine (and it doesn't require everything said in post 2 as you can just set remote 1 to UHF) but that still requires the use of more than one remote (and defeats the purpose of the logitech to begin with).

It's odd that it happens and at first we thought it was just the harmony remote but then the dish remote wouldn't allow any signal either. I was considering an IR Extender for the receiver but that's a little extreme sitting only 8 feet away.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)