722 Now, or wait?

nitstalker

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 9, 2004
Ok... Well the hard drive on my 510 died... So I am debating on upgrading it to a 722, and putting my 622 in the bedroom... From my understanding, my bill will go up by a buck?

Should I get the 722, or is there new recievers being developed that say within the next year will be coming out, that I should wait... (the 510 isnt that important that I cant wait for a little while if there is something better coming later)

I watch that tv once in a great while, but use it all the time for my new slingbox

If you live for tomorrow then you'll always be waiting.

722 just came out Aug 15th. I highly doubt they'll supercede it any time soon.

I got into Dishin It Up now because I figure the 722 will still be around up until the end of my DIU agreement.

In my area of the country, the 722 is the only HDDVR that the distributor for Dish has. No, 622's.

Same here in my area. We asked for a hddvr and got the 722 and also got the 1000+ receiver. I assume that was because I ordered the HD package. Looks like I am set for a while at least.

I wondered the same thing as a dealer. The 622's had some bugs when they first came out and was a huge hassle. We wondered if the same thing would happen with the 722. From what we have seen, it has been pretty safe. The big issue with the 622 was that Dish was upgrading to mpg4 technology and when they did that it became a software problem. The 722 works with the same foundation as the "fixed" 622 software so everything appears to be fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts