722 OK with 625 dish/lnb?

Random_K9

Original poster
Sep 21, 2010
Salt Lake City
I have a 625/12354 separator/dual LNB dish 500 pointed at 110 and 119.

I would like to upgrade the 625 to a 722, but don't want HD programming at this time.

Will the 722 work in giving me the same SD programming I get now if I just disconnect the inputs from the 625 and connect them to the 722?

But why?

I have a 625/12354 separator/dual LNB dish 500 pointed at 110 and 119.

I would like to upgrade the 625 to a 722, but don't want HD programming at this time.

Will the 722 work in giving me the same SD programming I get now if I just disconnect the inputs from the 625 and connect them to the 722?

Yes but why would you want to not just add a 1000.2 dish to have HD? :confused:

Thanks for the reply. I had an inkling that might be the case.

The reason for my question was that, in response to inquiry about an upgrade offer for the 722 (no $ but a new 2 year contract), a DishNetwork sales type told me that the 722 absolutely requires a dish with three-satellite capability. That would turn the "free" upgrade into a chargeable visit from a tech to install a new dish and LNBs (pretty much as per your suggestion). Plus, the only TV I have that HD could make a difference to has all the resolution I need to satisfy me at SD.

So, I'm certainly happy with your answer, and hope you're right.

By the way, will 110 and/or 119 supply code updates for the 722?

Excellent - thanks.

Now to see if the Dish sales boilerplate will somehow allow a 722 to be shipped to me under the offer (really a "Gift", according to their mailing).

Thanks for the reply. I had an inkling that might be the case.

The reason for my question was that, in response to inquiry about an upgrade offer for the 722 (no $ but a new 2 year contract), a DishNetwork sales type told me that the 722 absolutely requires a dish with three-satellite capability. That would turn the "free" upgrade into a chargeable visit from a tech to install a new dish and LNBs (pretty much as per your suggestion). Plus, the only TV I have that HD could make a difference to has all the resolution I need to satisfy me at SD.

So, I'm certainly happy with your answer, and hope you're right.

By the way, will 110 and/or 119 supply code updates for the 722?

Confused?? If Dish gives you an upgrade 722 for free, it should include the dish for free also.. At least that is how we retailers do it..

Now to see if the Dish sales boilerplate will somehow allow a 722 to be shipped to me under the offer (really a "Gift", according to their mailing).
Tell them you have a 1000.2 dish already that you installed yourself. They know what they, or a retailer, supplied, so they will think you only have a D500. Since HD programming is on the 129' satellite and you're not looking at that satellite, it will throw up a red flag. Can they override it ? Don't know...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)